Book our ranges based in Rugby, Warwickshire for a throwing session with your friends and family!
Contact us at email@example.com for more information and to discuss your booking with us.
How Private Hire Works
Private hire is available all year around and is especially well suited for birthday parties, corporate events and family groups.
Please contact us to arrange your booking!
Private lessons run for one hour thirty minutes unless stipulated otherwise, lessons are available at:
- 09:30 - 11:00
- 11:00 - 12:30
- 12:30 - 14:00
- 14:00 - 15:30
Evenings are also available during the summer.
It is possible to book the ranges for more than one hour, for example for an event. Please contact us for further information.
A typical lesson will have the following format:
- 10:50 - Students arrive at SKT wearing suitable outdoor clothing.
- 11:00 - The instructor will welcome students and explain the lesson structure, basic safety guidelines and the range layout.
- 11:05 - Initial instruction will be given on how to throw. We usually start students on angel axes as they are light weight and have several edges to increase the chances of the axe sticking into the target.
- 11:10 - Practice begins! All students will throw a set of 3 knives, axes or bo shuriken at the wooden target rounds from a 3 metre distance. Hints and tips will be given throughout to improve the students technique.
- 11:40 - Competition time! Three knives, axes or bo shuriken per person to see who can gain the highest score.
- 12:00 - On to the Hawks! Full sized tomahawks with a single cutting edge. These are more challenging to throw than the angel axes but deliver a very satisfying "Thunk" when they stick in the target.
- 12:20 - Hawk competition! 3 hawks per person to see who can gain the highest score.
- 12:30 - Lesson ends and students depart.
The cost is based on the number of participants.
2 People - £30.00 each
3 to 8 People - £27 per person
9 to 16 People - £25 per person
17 - 24 People - £22 per person
- All the required equipment.
- Full tuition by a qualified, insured and DBS checked instructor.
- Venue Hire
Your group will have an instructor who looks after you throughout the duration of your private booking.
Once you have booked in we require payment in full at least 3 days in advance of the booking date. You can pay online, by card, via BACS transfer or in cash.
Age Limits & Physical Demands
All participants must be at least 14 years old and at least 147cm tall (58 inches). If any of the group members are aged 14-16 years old we will need at least two adults to accompany the group.
You will be throwing knives, axes, bo shuriken and tomahawks for most of the lesson. You will also be reaching down to the ground to pick up fallen equipment. The activity is not suitable for anyone with an existing medical condition that could be aggravated by the action of throwing.
Some participants can find the tomahawks too heavy to throw safely. In these circumstances the throwing knives and angel axes will be used throughout the duration of the lesson.
Shuriken, Knife and Tomhawk throwing takes place outside at our venue in Rugby, Warwickshire. You will be outside for the majority of the time, you will need to wear suitable outdoor clothing including:
- Waterproof Jacket
- Outdoor footwear (No open toed shoes)
The throwing ranges are not covered so you will be outside when throwing and recovering equipment. Refreshments and toilets are available in the main building.
How To Book
Book in the date and time that works for you, let us know your anticipated group size and we will send an email confirming the booking with an invoice.
Three days before the booking date you need to pay in full. At this stage the group size is fixed and cannot be decreased. If someone drops out or doesn't show up on the day we won't be able to offer a refund, so always make sure you get the money off of each person.