Tom Edison Peña will be coming to teach his SAKA Surviving A Knife Attack course on the 9th of September 2023! 😁
This will be a great seminar with some excellent and practical content on dealing with an opponent armed with a knife.
It will also cover emergency first aid should you become injured and some realistic stress testing to see how you’d fare if someone was trying to attack you with a knife. 🔪
The course content is as follows:
Surviving A Knife Attack Level 1 Course .
1. Understand the UK Law on Self Defense and its impact in defending oneself in the streets and at home.
2. Develop a better understanding of situational awareness.
3. Acquire knowledge in managing catastrophic bleeds and in applying direct pressure. S a s
4. Aquire knowledge in edge weapon awareness and gain skills in physical intervention.
Using discussions, demonstrations, role plays and drills, at the end of the course, the participants will:
1. Understand the moral, legal and ethical implications of using force in self defense both in the street and at home.
2. Know the importance of Proportional Use of Force.
3. Understand the implications of catastrophic bleeding to time of death.
4. Differentiate applying Direct Pressure, Packing from Tornoquet in stopping catastrophic bleeding.
5. Develop the confidence in mitigating a knife attack from the first 2 quadrants.
1. Definition of Self-defence and UK Law
2. Proportional Use of Force
3. Situational Awareness
4. Intro to Catastrophic Bleeding
5. Applying Direct Pressure
6. Edge Weapon Awareness
7. Physical Intervention (pretest and combatives)
8. Pressure Test
The seminar will run from 10:00 - 17:00 at the Seal Martial Arts Dojo, Impact Dance, Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1AA.